Oh my god... they killed David!
David is one of my LRE C students (highest level of special ed) who had lead poisoning as a child, and is consequently a 17-year old trapped in a 7-year old's body. He looks like a kid, he acts like a kid, sounds like a kid, and he cracks me up like he's a kid. Unfortunately he's going to graduate from high school next year not being able to read, not knowing how to tell time, and having absolutely no life skills that will even land him a job.
But anyway... last week he came running into my room squealing and laughing and I told him to stop running around and have a seat. I walked out of the room and came back 30 seconds later to find desks and chairs knocked all over and David laying motionless on the floor. I don't know why I wasn't concerned, but for some reason I found it really hilarious. I went over to him and he wasn't responding to me at all, but I could see he was trying his hardest to hide a smile. So I just starting teaching like there wasn't a student playing dead in the middle of class. About 10 minutes into class he finally got up and brushed himself off.
But anyway... last week he came running into my room squealing and laughing and I told him to stop running around and have a seat. I walked out of the room and came back 30 seconds later to find desks and chairs knocked all over and David laying motionless on the floor. I don't know why I wasn't concerned, but for some reason I found it really hilarious. I went over to him and he wasn't responding to me at all, but I could see he was trying his hardest to hide a smile. So I just starting teaching like there wasn't a student playing dead in the middle of class. About 10 minutes into class he finally got up and brushed himself off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home